Got a craving for Donuts, but don’t want to leave the house? Try these Quick Air Fryer Doughnuts and enjoy them with your morning coffee.
Quick Air Fryer Doughnuts
Doughnuts, one of the finer things in life.
Am I right?
But, the calories and the carbs.
And the greasy feeling you get after indulging.
Well, the carb and sugar count is still there, but there is no deep fat frying.
That’s something, right?
They will still have the creamy, soft and bouncy interior.
But when you take a bite, it won’t be greasy!
And really, these are more of a glorified biscuit, if you must…..
But, they are so darn good and do cure that sweet, warm, delicious Doughnut craving.
When I roll out my Dough for my Copycat Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, I use my Doughnut Cutter.
However, for this Quick Air Fryer Doughnuts recipe, my Biscuit Cutters are perfect to cut out the holes.
And then make Donut Holes!!!!
It is always a good idea to Properly Season your Air Fryer Basket, before use.
If you own a wired basket Air Fryer, things will work better, if you grease.
In this case, a very light greasing is enough.
Don’t ever use Pam!
Desserts are so easy in the Air Fryer. Another yummy Dessert to try is my Air Fryer Peanut Butter Banana Bites.
Mix together the Cinnamon and Sugar.
With a Silicone BBQ Brush, lightly brush on a little Melted Butter.
Cinnamon Sugar is great.
Kick it up with a Dash of Freshly Ground Pepper too!
If you love Glazed Doughnuts, make the Glaze.
For Orange, use Orange Juice instead of Milk.
For Chocolate Glaze, add a touch of Cocoa.
Doughnut Holes are my favorite.
My Aunt and Uncle owned three Dunkin’ Donuts in Connecticut, back in the day…
Way back in the day.
Then they started Mr. Bagel.
Then they retired.
Now they live in Florida.
Glazed is yummy too!
Especially Orange Glazed!
So is Chocolate Glazed.
How about my Totally Fool Proof Lemon Curd for filled or Frosted Doughnuts?
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- GoWISE USA 5.8 Quart Air Fryer
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk– a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Electric Pepper Mill
- Fine Life Oil Mister
- John Boos Maple Cutting Board with Groove
- Biscuit Cutters
- Fine Life Oil Mister
- Silicone BBQ Brush
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Quick Air Fryer DoughnutsPrint Pin Rate
- Open package of Biscuits and place on a flat surface. Use a 1 inch Biscuit Cutter to cut holes in the middle.
- Lightly Grease Air Fryer Basket with Ghee or Coconut oil. Place Dough into Air Fryer Basket.
- Mix together Cinnamon and Sugar. See notes for variations.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5-6 minutes (or until lightly brown). Cook the Doughnut Holes for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from Air Fryer and lightly brush with melted butter, if desired. Roll Doughnuts into Cinnamon/Sugar Mix to coat.