Cure your craving for donuts in under 15 minutes with this Quick Air Fryer Doughnuts Glazed & Cinnamon Sugar recipe. Chocolate or vanilla coated, your sweet tooth will be satisfied and all it takes is a couple of ingredients.
Doughnuts are one of the finer things in life. Fresh out of the fryer coated and then placed into the shops glass case. Imagine having fresh hot Air Fryer Doughnuts right in your own home, at any time of the day?
This recipe is a quick version and since it is not deep fried, won’t be greasy and as light inside, but, it will sure cure that craving you have right away. Plus, you can stay in your pajamas.
The possibilities are endless.
Ingredients to Quick Air Fryer Doughnuts
- Jumbo Flaky Refrigerated Biscuits
- Instant Pot Ghee or Coconut Oil
- Glaze of your choice
Well, the carb and sugar count is still there, but there is no deep fat frying. That’s something, right? They will still have the creamy, soft and bouncy interior. But when you take a bite, it won’t be greasy, which is a huge plus
Now, Air Fryer Doughnuts clearly are not deep fat donuts, but they are so darn good and will cure that sweet, warm, delicious doughnut craving.
How to Make Quick Air Fryer Doughnuts
- Remove the biscuits from the can of refrigerated biscuits.
- Grab your biscuit cutter and punch out a hole.
- Prepare the air fryer and cook the biscuit dough. Save the doughnut holes and we will cook those last.
The Biscuit Cutters are great to make my Southern Style Old Fashion Buttermilk Biscuits too, so if you love Biscuits……..!
Learn how to Properly Season your Air Fryer Basket with this article I wrote. It will ensure your food does not stick to your air fryer basket..
What Oil Works Best for Air Fryer Doughnuts?
- Coconut Oil
- Grapeseed Oil
- Olive Oil
Make sure to never use Pam! It leaves a coating on the basket and it will not clean up nicely.
Why This Air Fryer Doughnut Recipe Works:
- I’ve showed you the proper way to season an air fryer basket.
- You know to never use Pam.
- A good air fryer is important to use. The air fryer I use cooks very evenly throughout the whole cooking area. It heats up very quickly.
Desserts are so easy in the air fryer. Another yummy Dessert to try is my Air Fryer Peanut Butter Banana Bites.
What You’ll Need for Air Fryer Sugar and Cinnamon Doughnuts
Carefully melt the butter on the stove or in your microwave. Make sure it does not burn. Butter will melt very fast. With a silicone basting brush, lightly brush on a little Melted Butter.
Mix together the Cinnamon and Sugar. Dunk the warm doughnut into the cinnamon and sugar. Kick it up with a dash of freshly ground black pepper for a more intense taste!
How to Make Glazed Doughnuts
Add powdered sugar to a bowl and add a teaspoon of milk at a time.
Whisk together and add more milk until you get the perfectly consistency. The glaze should be very thick, but not too thick that it is not pourable.
- Orange Glaze – use orange juice instead of milk.
- Chocolate Glaze – add a touch of cocoa to the powdered sugar, before you add the milk.
- Vanilla Glaze – add 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Doughnut holes are fun to eat. I use my biscuit cutter to cut a hole in each biscuit as I love the doughnut holes.
They bake quicker, so make sure to keep your eye on the air fryer.
With a cup of coffee and a few Air Fryer Doughnuts, you are in for a real treat.
How about my Totally Fool Proof Lemon Curd for filled doughnuts? That would be wonderful!
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- GoWise 7 Quart Air Fryer
- Mealthy Crisplid
Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk– a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Fine Life Oil Mister
- Biscuit Cutters
- Silicone BBQ Basting Brush
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- Open package of Biscuits and place on a flat surface. Use a 1 inch Biscuit Cutter to cut holes in the middle.
- Lightly spray air fryer basket or tray with oil. Place dough on to prepared air fryer basket/tray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5-6 minutes (or until lightly brown). For doughnut holes, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- In a flat bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar. For an even better taste, add one grind of black pepper.
- Remove from air fryer and lightly brush with melted butter.
- Roll doughnuts into cinnamon/sugar mixture to coat or use a sugar glaze.
To Make The Glaze
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla to a small bowl. Drizzle in milk slowly, until thick paste consistency. (You may not need all the milk.)
- Dip hot doughnuts into glaze and place on baking rack until glaze has hardened and then serve.
- Same directions as for the air fryer, but reduce temperature to 325.
- Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts - add 1/2 tsp Cocoa Powder to the Powdered Sugar and drizzle in Milk.
- Orange Glazed Doughnuts - substitute Orange Juice for the Milk and add a bit of Orange Zest.
- For a deeper flavor, add a sprinkling of freshly ground pepper to the cinnamon and sugar mix.
PIN this Quick Air Fryer Doughnuts [Glazed & Cinnamon Sugar]!
Originally published 2016. Republished May 18, 2019.