Quick Air Fryer Doughnuts cure your craving for donuts when you don’t want to leave home. Make them cinnamon and sugar or glazed.
Doughnuts, one of the finer things in life.
Am I right?
But, the calories and the carbs.
And the greasy feeling you get after indulging.
Ingredients to Quick Air Fryer Doughnuts
For Glazed Doughnuts
Well, the carb and sugar count is still there, but there is no deep fat frying.
That’s something, right?
They will still have the creamy, soft and bouncy interior.
But when you take a bite, it won’t be greasy!
And really, these are more of a glorified biscuit, if you must…..
But, they are so darn good and do cure that sweet, warm, delicious Doughnut craving.
How to Make Quick Air Fryer Doughnuts
- When I roll out my Dough for my Copycat Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, I use my Doughnut Cutter.
- However, for this Quick Air Fryer Doughnuts recipe, my Biscuit Cutters are perfect to cut out the holes.
- And then make Donut Holes!!!!
It is always a good idea to Properly Season your Air Fryer Basket, before use.
If you own a wired basket Air Fryer, things will work better, if you grease.
In this case, a very light greasing is enough.
Don’t ever use Pam!
Desserts are so easy in the Air Fryer. Another yummy Dessert to try is my Air Fryer Peanut Butter Banana Bites.
Mix together the Cinnamon and Sugar.
With a Silicone BBQ Brush, lightly brush on a little Melted Butter.
Cinnamon Sugar is great.
Kick it up with a Dash of Freshly Ground Pepper too!
If you love Glazed Doughnuts, make the Glaze.
For Orange, use Orange Juice instead of Milk.
For Chocolate Glaze, add a touch of Cocoa.
Doughnut Holes are my favorite.
My Aunt and Uncle owned three Dunkin’ Donuts in Connecticut, back in the day…
Way back in the day.
Then they started Mr. Bagel.
Then they retired.
Now they live in Florida.
Glazed is yummy too!
Especially Orange Glazed!
So is Chocolate Glazed.
How about my Totally Fool Proof Lemon Curd for filled or Frosted Doughnuts?
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- GoWISE USA 5.8 Quart Air Fryer
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk– a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Electric Pepper Mill
- Fine Life Oil Mister
- Sonder LA Acacia Wood Cutting Board with Groove
- Biscuit Cutters
- Fine Life Oil Mister
- Silicone BBQ Brush
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Quick Air Fryer DoughnutsPrint Pin Rate
- Open package of Biscuits and place on a flat surface. Use a 1 inch Biscuit Cutter to cut holes in the middle.
- Lightly Grease Air Fryer Basket with Ghee or Coconut oil. Place dough into Air Fryer Basket.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5-6 minutes (or until lightly brown). For doughnut holes, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix together Cinnamon and Sugar while doughnuts are baking.
- Remove from Air Fryer and lightly brush with melted butter. Roll Doughnuts into Cinnamon/Sugar Mix to coat.
To Make The Glaze
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla to a small bowl. Drizzle in milk slowly, until thick paste consistency. (You may not need all the milk.)
- Dip hot doughnuts into glaze and place on baking rack until glaze has hardened and then serve.
- Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts - add 1/2 tsp Cocoa Powder to the Powdered Sugar and drizzle in Milk.
- Orange Glazed Doughnuts - substitute Orange Juice for the Milk and add a bit of Orange Zest.