Instant Pot Blintz Soufflé is Kosher and dairy and perfect for Shabbos brunch. Cheese filled blintzes cook up in a sweet and fluffy egg batter.
Blintzes were a staple in my life, growing up. Of course they were, I’m a Jew and Jews love blintzes.
We love our Delicatessens and we love all the yummy Jewish ethnic food like blintzes,Noodle Kugel, bagels, lox and cream cheese, Pressure Cooker Friday Night Shabbos Brisket and so on. This Instant Pot Blintz Soufflé made in the Pressure Cooker/Instant Pot with Fresh Berry Compote is so delicious and believe it or not, I had even heard of this fabulous dish, until I was in my twenties!
A friend of mine, called Arielle, had recently converted to Orthodoxy. She always invited me to attend the service at the Aish HaTorah Center in the Pico Robertson area of Los Angeles.
Most of the wives showed up towards the end of the service. It is a tradition and a Mitzvah to invite people over to their homes for a long Shabbos lunch and to relax and enjoy each other.
It was fun meeting new people all the time and I loved getting invited for lunch. Arielle and I were always “booked” for a month or so at a time! While I am not Orthodox, it was nice to relax and do nothing but hang out with friends for most of the day. Otherwise, I don’t take much time to just relax.
Michael Abramson and his wife used to have us over about once or twice a month. Mrs. Abramson’s Blintz Soufflé with Blueberry Sauce was one of her specialties. Oh my gosh, it was so good. Cherry Blintz, Apple Blintz, Blueberry Blintz, all can be used in any combination. Gosh, I miss those days.
I played around with her recipe and was able to turn her recipe into an Instant Pot Blintz Soufflé!!!
Jump to Section
Ingredients for Instant Pot Blintz Soufflé
- Cheese Blintzes or Fruit and Cheese Blintzes
- Eggs and Orange Juice
- Sour Cream or Instant Pot Yogurt
- Sugar and Butter
- Berry Compote or other Fruit Compote (optional)
Or, if you want a lighter, easier and fluffier option, VitaMix works really well, as shown below.
If you have a Blender or VitaMix , use it!
The aeration of the ingredients will make a for a very light and fluffy Instant Pot Blintz Soufflé batter.
How to Make Instant Pot Blintz Soufflé
- Instant Pot Blintz Soufflé is made in a casserole dish using the “pot in pot” method.
- casserole dish and placed onto a trivet to cook.
- The Blintzes are placed in the casserole dish.
- The egg batter is whipped up and added to the dish.
The egg batter will rise up over the blintes and then settle down a bit.
How to Add Fruit Compote to Instant Pot Blintz Soufflé
- When using plain cheese blintzes, rather than fruit and cheese blintzes in the Instant Pot Blintz Soufflé, adding a dollop of fruit compote between the layers is quite nice.
- This works well in the oven method, where a larger baking pan can be used.
- For cooking in the Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi or Pressure Cooker, use the biggest pan that fits and/or use a larger size pressure cooker.
If using the oven for this Blintz Soufflé recipe, a large baking pan/casserole dish can be used with a double or triple recipe.
Instant Pot Blintz Soufflé v. Oven Blintz Soufflé
- Cooking the Blintz Soufflé in the Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi or Pressure Cooker will yield a moister interior and the top will not brown.
- Using the oven method, the Blintz Soufflé will be dryer and the top will become a nice golden brown.
- Both methods are delicious and I don’t think one way is better over the other.
My preference is to add Berry Compote and fresh berries to my Instant Pot Blintz Soufflé made with plain cheese blintzes.
Another good Jewish side dish is my Grandma Rose’s Jewish Noodle Kugel. It’s super yummy! Enjoy. 🙂
More Instant Pot Jewish Recipes to Make:
- Instant Pot Gefilte Fish recipe
- Instant Pot Jewish Noodle Kugel
- Instant Pot Matzo Brei
- Instant Pot Lokshen Mit Kaese
I’d love to know how you use your Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi or Pressure Cooker for Shabbos. Do you have tips and tricks you would like to share with others? If so, please let us know in the comments below.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi or Pressure Cooker
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Simply Gourmet (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk– a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Alton Brown Salt Box
- Stainless Steel Tall/Short Trivet & Egg Cooker Set
- 3.5 Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- VitaMix 7500
- French White Casserole Dish
- Pyrex 7 Cup Glass Bowl w/ Lid or Pyrex Oblong Glass Baking Dish
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- Pressure Cooker Berry Compote optional
- Melt butter and grease casserole dish well. Set aside the rest of the melted butter.
- Arrange blintzes in 7-8 inch casserole dish, so they are one or two layers high.
- Using a blender, food processor, hand mixer or by hand, whisk together eggs, sour cream, sugar, orange juice and vanilla extract.
- Continue to whisk and slowly drizzle in the rest of the melted butter.
- Pour mixture over blintzes.
- Sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mix over top of soufflé, if using.
- Add 1.5 cups of water to pressure cooker cooking pot and place in a trivet into the pressure cooker cooking pot. Using a Foil Sling or other type of sling, lower casserole dish onto the trivet.
- Lock on lid and close pressure valve. Cook at high pressure (most machines default to high pressure) for 30 minutes. Wait 10 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure
- Remove lid and use a Mealthy Crisplid to brown the top of the soufflé or place under the broiler, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit/177 Celsius.
- Use an 8 or 9 inch backing dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown.