Slow Cooker Autumn’s Best Apple Crisp is wonderful make a head dessert. Prepare your Slow Cooker with all the ingredients and when you are ready for dessert, so is your dessert.
This Slow Cooker Autumn’s Best Apple Crisp is one of my husband’s all time favorite desserts. I first saw this recipe floating around the internet about six years ago and so many people were claiming it as their own. I wish I knew who to thank for the original, but, I do not.
Because my husband was not able to eat nuts, I made some changes and then enhanced the recipe to our liking. I wanted a crunch on the top, so instead of nuts, I use Grapenut Cereal Nuggets. It gives nice texture to the dessert, while at the same time, adding some fiber.
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Cilio Olivewood Spatula
- Alpha Armour Salt Box with Spoon
- Bellemain Porcelain Ramekins
- OXO Good Grips Cutting Board
- 3.5 Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- 1.5 Quart Stainless Steel “Pot in Pot” Bowl
- Microplane Stainless Steel Zester
- KitchenAid 6-Qt. Slow Cooker
- Grapenut Cereal Nuggets
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe::
- 6 Extra Large Granny Smith Apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 ¼ Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 ¼ teaspoons Ground Ginger and/or Candied Ginger
- ½ cup White Sugar
- ¾ teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- In a medium bowl, mix together all Topping ingredients, except butter and Nuts.
- Cut butter into pieces and crumble into the Topping.
- Mix in nuts (or Grapenuts, if using) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all Filing ingredients, except lemon juice.
- Place apples in bottom of slow cooker and Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Pour filling over apples and mix together.
- Sprinkle Topping over the Filling.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours.
- After cooking time is complete, uncover and let sit for 30-40 minutes, or until topping has hardened a bit.
Serve with a scoop of ice cream, if desired.