Start Slow Cooker Autumn’s Best Apple Crisp when company arrives for dinner. Smell the aroma of fresh apples and cinnamon and then enjoy a warm dessert.
This Slow Cooker Autumn’s Best Apple Crisp is one of my husband’s all time favorite desserts.
After a hospital visit and learning that my husband could no longer eat nuts, I had to make some changes to our original recipe to accommodate him.
We actually like this even better!
I wanted a crunch on the top, so instead of nuts, I use Grapenut Cereal Nuggets. It gives nice texture to the dessert, while at the same time, adding some fiber.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Simply Gourmet (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Cilio Olivewood Spatula
- Porcelain & Bamboo Salt Box with Spoon
- Bellemain Porcelain Ramekins
- OXO Good Grips Cutting Board
- 3.5 Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- 1.5 Quart Stainless Steel “Pot in Pot” Bowl
- Microplane Stainless Steel Zester
- KitchenAid 6-Qt. Slow Cooker
- Grapenut Cereal Nuggets
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Jump to Section
Slow Cooker Autumn’s Best Apple Crisp
- 6 xtra large Granny Smith Apples peeled and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Peel and chop apples and place into slow cooker. Add lemon and mix through.
- In a large bowl, mix together all Filing ingredients and pour over apples.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all Topping ingredients, except butter and Grapenut Nuggets/Nuts.
- Cut butter into pieces and crumble into the Topping.
- Mix in nuts (or Grapenuts, if using) and sprinkle over the filling.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours (or LOW for 4 hours).
- After cooking time is complete, remove slow cooker cover and place sideways if using an oval cooker or resting over cooker, to vent, if using a round slow cooker. Let sit for 30-40 minutes, or until topping has hardened a bit.
Serve with a scoop of ice cream, if desired.