Air Fryer Pita Pizza is a quick 6 minute method for delicious cheese pizza. Top with pepperoni, onions, garlic or any of your favorites.
Looks so good, doesn’t it? It’s not reeeeallly pizza, but, hey, when you have a hankering and want it fast. It’s good, really good. You may be wondering why, if I already make a really good pizza, what is up with this recipe. Well, while I do love my homemade, wonderful delicious Classic Margherita Pizza, there is also room for this Air Fryer 6 Minute Pita Bread Cheese Pizza.
I mean, it’s like really good man. From passing thought in the head to plate in like 10 minutes…what’s not to love? Plus, not everyone is interested in making Pizza Dough by scratch.
A perfect after lunch snack, which the kids will love. Adults love Air Fryer Pita Pizza too.
Jump to Section
Ingredients to Air Fryer Pita Pizza
- Pita Bread
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Pepperoni and other Toppings
If you want to make your own Pizza Dough, my New York Style Pizza Dough is fabulous, so check it out some time.
Pepperoni and Cheese Pizza
- Take a spoon and swirl on some Pizza Sauce. Add the cheese and the Pepperoni.
- As I do on my Classic Margherita Pizza, lightly drizzle a bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a circle over the Mozzarella Cheese.
- You will notice that I use sliced Mozzarella Cheese, rather than grated. It’s just my preference; use whatever you like.
You can even omit the Extra Virgin Olive Oil if you like, but it gives the pizza a really nice flavor.
Onions and Fresh Garlic Pizza
- Onion and Fresh Garlic are my Pizza toppings of choice.
- When I make my Classic Margherita Pizza, I have to be careful not to get any Onions on the hubs side. Somehow, they always migrate.
- Make sure to slice the Onions very thin, so that they will cook and not be crunchy. I put them and the Minced Garlic on under the Cheese, so that the Garlic won’t get burnt.
- Lightly drizzle a bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a circle over the Mozzarella Cheese.
When making real, honest to goodness, Pizza, you need a very hot oven. Pizza only needs a few minutes to cook. In the Air Fryer and with Pita Bread, we need a lower temperature for a longer time to give the Pita a chance to warm up and not burn, since it is already cooked.
The Toppings will have a chance to cook through and the Cheese will become bubbly. The Air Fryer 6 Minute Pita Bread Cheese Pizza, will be done in just 6 minutes.
Therefore, keep an eye on the Pizza, as yours might be done in 5 minutes, or it may be 7 minutes.
So that the Cheese and Toppings don’t fly all over the place, use a Short Legged Trivet to keep things in place.
My husband, who KNOWS New York Pizza better than most people…… actually enjoys this Air Fryer 6 Minute Pita Bread Cheese Pizza recipe. He worked in the City for Years and has had Pizza from everywhere. He also says my New York Style Pizza Dough recipe has the right bite and chew and tastes like the best New York Pizza. He is not one to hand out compliments easily, so…….
If you love chicken sandwiches, check out my Air Fryer Chick fil A Chicken Sandwich. It is another delicious lunch, that is very easy. Enjoy.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Ultrean 8.5 Quart Air Fryer
- di Oro Living Silicone Spatulas Set
- Rachael Ray Stoneware EVOO Oil Dispensing Bottle
- Short Legged Trivet
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- Use a spoon and swirl Pizza Sauce on to Pita Bread. Add your favorite toppings and Cheese. Add a little drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil over top of Pizza.
- Place in Air Fryer and place a Trivet over Pita Bread. Cook at 350 degrees for 6 minutes. Carefully remove from Air Fryer and cut.