My Pressure Cooker Chicken Enchiladas are an easy dump and go recipe. Made with basic pantry stables and some frozen chicken.
These Pressure Cooker Chicken Enchiladas are perfect for those days that you didn’t plan dinner because you are too busy or rushed.
It’s a super easy dish to make in your Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker. You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry right now. This recipe is adapted from Wolfgang Puck and Deb Murray.
Can I use Frozen Chicken for Pressure Cooker Chicken Enchiladas?
- This is the beauty of this recipe.
- Frozen chicken will work in this recipe, so there is not much planning.
- It is great for busy people, or if you forgot to defrost chicken
- You can use fresh or thawed chicken, as well, which actually is even better.
Enchilada sauce, frozen corn and other ingredients are usually in our pantries, so no need to plan dinner!
Ingredients for Pressure Cooker Chicken Enchiladas?
- Kidney Beans
- Chicken Broth
- Enchilada Sauce
- Onions, Green Peppers, Fresh Cilantro
- Green Chiles
- Taco Seasoning
- Frozen Corn,
- Sour Cream or Yogurt
- Tortilla Chips
Feel free to make your own Kidney Beans, if you don’t want to use canned beans.
What can I Serve with Chicken Enchiladas?
How about rice, using my Pressure Cooker Perfectly Cooked Pot In Pot Rice?
Turn this Pressure Cooker Chicken Enchiladas recipe into a one pot meal!
Can I use Frozen Chicken Broth or Chicken Stock?
Yes, of course.
If you are short on time and don’t have fresh Homemade Chicken Stock/Broth, no worries.
Another option is to mix up some broth. I always have a jar of Better than Bouillon Chicken Base in the fridge.
Dice up the green pepper and onions.
Chop up the Cilantro
This recipe is so easy.
Almost everything gets tossed in at once!
In goes the peppers and onions.
My favorite spatula is the Cilio Olivewood Spatula.
Add in all the seasoning and mix it into the liquid. You don’t need to mix it well, just get it combined, so it is not sitting dry on the top.
Close the lid and you are ready to push that button, unless you are making the Pressure Cooker Perfectly Cooked Pot In Pot Rice.
You are ready to lock on the lid and cook your entire dinner in ONE pot at the same time!!!
Chop it up however you like; in strips, shredded, chunks.
Then return the chicken back into the pot.
What Kind of Cheese is Used for Chicken Enchiladas?
Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Oaxaca, and Asiago are all good choices.
Make sure you have all your cheese shredded in advance, if you are using blocks of cheese.
You can always just buy a bag of pre-shredded Mexican-blend cheese and mix in, until melted.
The chicken cooks so quickly.
The corn tortilla chips will absorb the liquid and become soft, like enchiladas. It’s so yummy!
Top with sour cream, or with your own homemade Instant Pot Greek Yogurt, and a garnish of cilantro and enjoy!
How to store Leftover Chicken Enchiladas?
The chicken enchiladas freeze well and are so simple to heat up in a Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker.
We like to store the leftovers in 24 ounce Reditainers Extreme Freezer Containers as they are BPA-free.
They hold up well and are perfect for two servings each.
Plus, they are cheap enough to share leftovers with guests.
More Quick and Easy “Dump” Recipes.
- Pressure Cooker Creamy Baked Ziti
- Pressure Cooker Balsamic Ginger Chicken
- Pressure Cooker Orange Glazed Pork Chops
Kitchen Equipment and Esssentials
- Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Cilio Olivewood Spatula
- Sonder LA End Grain Teak Cutting Board, Juice Grooves & Compartments
- Microplane Artisan Ribbon Grater
- Reditainer Extreme Freezer Containers and Freezer Labels
- OXO Stainless Steel Tongs
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Chicken EnchiladasPrint Pin Rate
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans drained
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 10 oz Enchilada Sauce hot or medium
- 2 pounds Chicken Tenders or breasts
- 1 Yellow/Brown Onion
- 1 cup Green Pepper diced
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning regular or cheesy
- 2 oz Green Chiles seeds removed, minced (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Cilantro minced
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 3 cups Taco Chips
- 2 cups Mexican flavored shredded cheese mix
- Sour cream to garnish
- Scallions to garnish (optional)
- See my Pressure Cooker Perfectly Cooked Pot in Pot Rice recipe
- Add everything, but the last four ingredients to Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- If making this a One Pot Meal, add the Prepared PIP Rice now.
- Lock lid and close Pressure Valve.
- Cook at High Pressure for 6 minutes.
- When Beep sounds, allow a 10 minute natural release.
- Remove the chicken and slice or shred and place back into Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- Select the Sauté or Browning function, add cheese and tortillas and stir until cheese melts.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and scallions on top.
For a little less spice, use mild enchilada sauce or ½ mild and ½ medium.
If your chicken is not frozen, increase stock by 1/8 cup.
If desired, before adding cheese and tortillas, remove cooked chicken, lightly fork shred and put back in pot.