You are going to love Lemon Dill Aioli on my Salmon Croquettes, Fish Sticks and even Falafel Balls. Five minutes and you’ve got a delicious and fresh sauce.
Jump to Section
Lemon Dill Aioli
What is Aioli?
- Aioli means Garlic and Oil.
- It is an emulsion, like mayonnaise.
- Egg Yolk is often used as an emulsifier.
- For the last 20 years, it is common for flavored mayonnaise to be called Aioli, but purists would say otherwise.
So, while not Aioli in the true and purist definition, I think you will enjoy this quick Lemon Dill Aioli Sauce on many of your favorite foods.
As Mayonnaise is an emulsion of egg yolk, oil, vinegar and lemon, it’s kind of a short cut to making your own emulsion.
What’s in Lemon Dill Aioli?
The ingredients for Lemon Dill Aioli are few and they come together in less than 10 minutes.
Use a Hand Whisk to mix up all the ingredients.
This Lemon Dill Aioli recipe is just a guideline.
It can be customized for your individual palette.
For more Lemon flavor, add more Lemon Juice. Use as much Dill as you like. Dried or Fresh, both work.
What do I eat with Lemon Dill Aioli?
- It’s best on Fish and Seafood. For example:
- Crab Cakes
- Air Fryer Salmon Croquettes
- Grilled Honey Garlic Salmon
- Shrimp Po Boy Roll – use it instead of the New Orleans Rémoulade Sauce.
Lemon Dill Aioli will last in the refrigerator for up to a week, max!
We use Small Mason Jars to store the Aioli.
Make sure to mix up a batch before making my Air Fryer Salmon Croquettes!
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk– a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Small 1.5 Quart “Pot in Pot” Mixing Bowl
- Microplane Artisan Fine Cheese Grater
- Ball 4 oz Mason Jars
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Lemon Dill Aioli
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Place covered in refrigerator for up to a week.