Nordstrom Parmesan Garlic Crostini is crunchy, garlicky and cheesy and is always served with Nordstrom’s famous Tomato Basil Soup.
If you are going to eat Nordstrom Tomato Basil Soup, then you’ll need Nordstrom Parmesan Garlic Crostini. They are partners in crime.
You just can’t have one without the other. Kind of like “Love and Marriage.” Horse and carriage…got it?
Thank you to Nordstrom for providing this recipe. I’ve been pretty keen on Fresh Asiago for a while now, so, I took the liberty of using Asiago Cheese, instead of Parmesan.
Since I wanted to convert the famous Pressure Cooker Nordstrom Tomato Basil Soup recipe, I had to make these Nordstrom’s Parmesan Garlic Crostini too. Why? “Love and Marriage.”
You can buy a Baguette, or make it yourself using my Country Sourdough Bread recipe.
Fresh is best, really. This beautiful Parsley is from my garden. My husband grows it; he has the green thumb, not me. 🙂 If you cannot get fresh Parley, sub with some Freeze Dried Parsley.
Make sure you take out your butter about 30 minutes before starting to make the Crostini. Smash it with Granulated Garlic and Salt. Make sure you use the Granulated Garlic, not the powdered garlic.
Use a Hand Grater to shred your Asiago or Parmesan Cheese. Combine it well with the Butter spread. A fresh block of cheese works well. The pre-shredded have a cornstarch coating and is usually kind of dried out.
Generously spread the Garlic Parmesan Butter mixture onto the Baguette Slices. Place them on a Half Cookie Sheet and into the oven they go.
Nordstrom Parmesan Garlic Crostini are begging to sit next to a hot bowl of Pressure Cooker Nordstrom Tomato Basil Soup. I like to submerge one Crostini in my bowl of soup!
They also pair well with Pressure Cooker Split Pea Soup too!
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- J.A. Henckels Classic 8 inch Chef’s Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- LamsonSharp Chef’s Slotted Turner– I totally love this spatula!
- Alton Brown Salt Box
- My FANTASTIC Teak Cutting & Charcuterie Board & Compartments
- Microplane Artisan Ribbon Grater
- Country Sourdough Bread
- Half Cookie Sheet
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place oven rack on the second spot from the top of the oven.
- Mash together room temperature butter, granulated garlic, and salt.
- Stir in the parsley and grated cheese.
- Generously coat the top side of all slices of bread.
- Place Crostini on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with Nordstrom Tomato Basil Soup.