Instant Pot Broccoli Butternut Pasta w/Blue Cheese Sauce is decadent and savory. Bits of squash and crunchy broccoli make this a perfect one pot dish meal.
Completely and utterly surprised at just how delicious my Pressure Cooker Butternut Squash Pasta tasted, I set out to make another dish using my Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker, butternut squash and some type of cheese.
My husband ‘thinks’ that he does not like butternut squash. He only seems to not like the squash when he can see it.
He loves broccoli and he loves pasta, so I thought I would try another pasta dish with butternut squash and a buttery blue cheese sauce. The butternut squash partially melts into the pasta and makes a nice sauce all on its own.
With some ingredients, top name brand is not always important. For pasta dishes, however, I really believe that a good brand is a key to a good pasta dish.
I used my Pressure Cooker Bone Broth (Stock). A store-bought stock is fine, bouillon is fine. Vegetarians, use vegetable broth or water.
Heat your Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker until it is hot and then add a Tablespoon of Ghee. When you heat up your cooking pot first before you add the fat, you will make a stainless steel cooking pot, non stick!
Add the butternut squash and let it brown a minute or two. I love the bites of the Butternut Squash and the salty taste of the Blue Cheese.
After the pressure has been released open the lid. You will see some liquid in the Pressure Cooker cooking pot, and that is fine. The Gemelli Pasta will continue to absorb the liquid and is just the right amount of the broccoli to steam.
Instant Pot Broccoli Butternut Pasta w/Blue Cheese, all in one pot. It couldn’t be easier.
Hit the Sauté or Browning button on your Pressure Cooker and add in the cut-up broccoli. Mix it through the pasta and let it steam until it is just about the tenderness you like.
It will cook quickly, so keep checking to see if it is the tenderness you prefer.
I had a hunk of Blue Cheese left in my refrigerator and needed to use it up and it quickly became the inspiration for this recipe.
Since the butternut squash was very obvious in this recipe and knew my husband wouldn’t touch it with a 10-foot pole, I might as well do what I like and serve him a bowl of cereal. 🙂 Yeah, I am serious.
Blue Cheese is one of my favorite things, ever. Growing up, the only dressing that I put on my salad was Blue Cheese. This is another ingredient my husband does not like. Interestingly enough, I make a big Cobb Salad every year to bring to the Hollywood Bowl for one of our Summer Events. He always loves the salad. Hmm, go figure. I do serve it to him already mixed together.
Add in the Blue Cheese and stir into the Gemelli Pasta. The broccoli will finish cooking and the Blue Cheese will melt into the pasta. This Pressure Cooker Blue Cheese Broccoli Butternut Pasta is rather unusual, but, oh, so good!
My Crispy Bacon Garlic Breadcrumb Topping would be fab on top of this; almost like a Cobb Pasta!
More Blue Cheese Recipes to Make:
- Air Fryer Rib Eye Steak with Blue Cheese Butter Keto
- Turkey Meatballs with Blue Cheese & Horseradish
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker
- J.A. Henckels Classic 8 inch Chef’s Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Alpha Armour Salt Box with Spoon
- Sonder LA End Grain Teak Cutting Board, Juice Grooves & Compartments
- Homemade Simple Ghee
- Pressure Cooker Stock
- De Cecco Gemelli Pasta
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is your handy printable recipe:
Instant Pot Broccoli Butternut Pasta w/Blue Cheese SaucePrint Pin Rate
- Select Sauté or Browning on your Pressure Cooker and allow to heat.
- Add the Ghee and Butternut Squash and cook for one minute and then hit Cancel.
- Add pasta, garlic, salt and Stock to your Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve
- Cook at High Pressure for 5 minutes.
- When Beep sounds, carefully do a Quick Release
- Select Sauté or Browning button on your Pressure Cooker.
- Add broccoli and stir in, pushing the pieces underneath the pasta. The broccoli will cook quickly, so keep checking until you reach your desired texture. Add Blue Cheese and mix through.