Pressure Cooker Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding makes good use of the Whey from Homemade Yogurt, which makes for a delicious and quick breakfast or dessert.
Pressure Cooker Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding
Here is another recipe using the Whey from making Homemade Yogurt. It’s delicious and takes Bread Pudding up another notch. This Pressure Cooker Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding, is similar to my Pressure Cooker Orange Cranberry Bread Pudding (French Toast), so if you want to make one Giant Casserole, rather than individual servings, check out that recipe.
The list of ingredients is very short and you probably already have most of them in your freezer and pantry. I’m a Sourdough bread baker and always have a loaf of my Hokkaido Milk Sandwich Bread in my freezer.
Challah works equally as well, as do other “Egg” breads. Brioche, while absolutely delicious doesn’t hold up as well. Bread that is not super fresh works best. You can even cut up the bread an hour before and let is sit on the counter, so that it will start to become a little stale.
In a Medium Mixing Bowl, Whisk together all wet ingredients, except for the Butter and Whisk it until the mixture is nice and frothy. In a small saucepan or in the microwave, melt the Butter and add the Instant Espresso and combine until the Espresso is well incorporated.
Add the Coffee Butter to the Egg mixture and Whisk well. Speaking of Coffee Butter, it actually tastes really good. Try adding some of that to your coffee and let me know what you think. It is all the craze now, you know!
To the Bowl of the Wet Ingredients, add in the Cubed Hokkaido Bread or Challah and combine well. Allow the Bread mixture to sit 30 minutes to ensure the Egg mixture is well incorporated into the Bread. This can be prepared overnight. Make sure to store it in a covered container.
Mix in the Milk Chocolate Chips, Semi-Sweet, Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate Chips, or a mixture of all or some. Make sure they are evenly combined throughout the Bread mixture. If you want to make this Vegan, try using Vegan Chocolate Chips and replace the Butter with a Vegan Soymilk/Apple Cider Vinegar/Coconut Milk Butter. If you like Pecans or Walnuts, add them in with the Chocolate Chips.
Grease your Ramekins well with Butter or other type of grease. If you feel naughty, try some Bacon Grease.
These Pressure Cooker Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding Mini’s make a great breakfast, snack and even dessert. Another yummy breakfast to try is my Pressure Cooker Frosted Egg Cupcakes. Enjoy.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot Smart DUO60
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk– a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- 6 oz Porcelain Ramekins
- John Boos Maple Cutting Board with Groove
- Stainless Steel Tall Legged Trivet
- 3.5 Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Chocolate Chip Bread PuddingPrint Pin Rate
- In a medium bowl, add Eggs, Milk/Whey, Sugar and Vanilla Extract and Whisk until foamy. Melt Butter with Instant Espresso and add to Egg Mixture. Allow Bread to absorb liquid for 30 minutes. Mix in Chocolate Chips.
- Grease 2-3 Ramekins and divide Bread Pudding mixture into Ramekins.
- Add water to Pressure Cooker cooking pot and place a Trivet inside of pot. Place Ramekins on Trivet.
- Lock on Lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook at High Pressure for 12 minutes. When Beep sounds, do a Quick Release