These Pressure Cooker Creamy Mashed Potatoes are so creamy and delicious and will have you and your guests coming back for more.
Decadent and creamy is the only way to describe this mashed potato dish.
I’ve not met a potato that I did not like. I’ve taken Pioneer Woman’s wonderful recipe and adapted it for the Pressure Cooker.
The Pressure Cooker Creamy Mashed Potatoes are first steamed in the Pressure Cooker and then they get a good mashing. Butter and cream cheese are just two of the decadent ingredients which help to make the potatoes very creamy and delicious.
If you do not own a Pressure Cooker, just cook the potatoes on the stove.
Peel and quarter the potatoes.
Steaming potatoes for making Mashed Potatoes are the only way to go. Boiling Potatoes in water, gives them a mealy texture.
Add water to the bottom of your Pressure Cooker cooing pot and place the Quartered Potatoes in a basket on a Trivet.
Mash up the Potatoes really well.
Add Butter to the Hot Potatoes and then add in the rest of the ingredients.
I find it cheaper to make my own homemade house seasoning and I know it is always fresh.
As I cook exclusively in cast iron, I used my cast iron skillet for baking the potatoes, but if you don’t have one, just use a baking/casserole dish.
The potatoes pair especially well with my Classic Pot Roast.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot Smart DUO60
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk – a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Alpha Armour Salt Box with Spoon
- John Boos Maple Cutting Board with Groove
- RSVP Stainless Steel Strainer Basket
- Stainless Steel Trivet
- 3.5 Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- Potato Masher
- Lodge 10.25″ Cast Iron Skillet
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- ½ stick Butter, softened
- 1¼ pounds Potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add one cup of water to your Pressure Cooker cooking pot and place a trivet or steamer basket inside.
- Add potatoes on to the trivet/steamer basket.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve.
- Cook on High Pressure for 7 minutes.
- When Beep is heard, do a Quick Release.
- Move potatoes to a large bowl and mash.
- Add butter, cream cheese, heavy cream, seasoned salt, kosher salt and pepper and continue mashing until combined.
- Butter 8 inch cast iron skillet or 4 quart baking dish.
- Spread the potatoes in the prepared baking dish.
- Place pieces of Butter over the top of the potatoes.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes.