Pressure Cooker Easy Key Lime Curd is creamy tart, sweet and refreshing. Use on scones, yogurt, cake filling, toast and more.
Pressure Cooker Easy Key Lime Curd
No longer do you have to stand over the stove and watch a candy thermometer.
If you want to use the stove top version for Key Lime Curd, use the same method as my Fool Proof Lemon Curd. Grapefruit Curd is quite delicious too, so get adventurous and make Grapefruit Curd.
Curd is delicious on yogurt, scones, muffins.
This Pressure Cooker Easy Key Lime Curd is delicious in Homemade Greek Yogurt and spread on toast.
Weigh the butter, then the sugar, mix together and then add the eggs, one at a time.
Butter and sugar get mixed first, then the eggs, then the lemon
You will notice that once the lime juice is added, the mix will look a bit curdled.
It will smooth out during cooking and the color will become enhanced.
Pour the mixture into three Kerr Half Pint (8 oz) Mason Jars.
Make sure that the jars are not tightly sealed. Just turn the lid slowly, until it just catches to the glass part.
We are not canning, so you don’t want a tight lid.
If the jar is filled to high to the top, there is a chance of some of the curd leaking out, so just fill the jars to right below the groves.
The curd will be appear foamy.
Use a Whisk and stir in the Key Lime Zest.
I use this Microplane to zest limes, lemons, nutmeg and all kinds of stuff.
Now it’s smooth. Place the lids back on and allow to sit out for about 20 minutes and then place the Mason jars in refrigerator until completely chilled.
The curd gets its color from the egg yolks. Key Lime juice is not green.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot DUO 6 Quart
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk
- OXO Good Grips Cutting Board
- Stainless Steel Trivet
- Kerr Half Pint (8 oz) Mason Jars
- Microplane Stainless Steel Zester
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- In the bowl of food processor, mix the butter and sugar for about 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the eggs and yolks and mix for for 1 minute.
- Add the Key Lime Juice and mix to combine. The mixture will look curdled, but it will smooth out as it cooks.
- Pour mixture into three one-cup Mason jars and place the lids, turning until the lid just catches.
- Place 1.5 cups of water in the Pressure Cooker and place a trivet inside. Place Mason jars on top of trivet.
- Lock on lid and close the Pressure Valve. Cook at High pressure for 10 minutes. When Beep is heard, allow a 10 minute Natural Pressure Release.
- Remove jars from Pressure Cooker and carefully open. Add in the Key Lime Zest and stir into the curd. Place lids on Curd and tighten just until the lid catches.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes and then place in the refrigerator overnight. Curd will thicken as it cools.