Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs [Soccer Mom] is the viral recipe, which started the craze of frozen meatballs and premade spaghetti sauce for a quick meal.
Before you call me a hypocrite, here’s my disclosure. I don’t like any kind of meat with my spaghetti and I prefer homemade ingredients, like sauce and meatballs.
Here’s the sitch, many of my readers do like meat with their Spaghetti and love my homemade Pressure Cooker Beef and Macaroni and my homemade Pressure Cooker Quick One Pot Spaghetti Dinner. However, they have asked me to post directions on how to make a really quick and delicious Spaghetti Dinner.
Many moms and dads are very busy driving their kids all over the place and need to be able to run into the house, toss a few things in their Pressure Cooker, get the kids situated and sit them down to a good and hearty meal. All that in a very short amount of time and with little to no effort.
So, using my Pressure Cooker, I will show you how to make Instant Pot Soccer Mom Spaghetti and Meatballs, with all store bought, packaged ingredients and have it on the table in less than 15 minutes.
Use Beef or Turkey Meatballs. Make it vegetarian and use Gardein Classic Meatless Meatballs.
The ingredients are simple and few. I’ve said this before and I think it is worth repeating.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Frozen Meatballs – any brand. If you have fresh meatballs, they work too and if you made homemade and froze them, even better.
- Spaghetti Sauce – I really like this Rao brand very much!
- Chicken Broth or Water
Just Take Me To the Best Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe Ever!
I get so many comments and questions on my posts, so I try to provide as much information as possible about the recipe to help you, my readers.
I try to provide as many tips and tricks and answer anticipated questions, so your recipe will be the best, the very first time, including how and why my methods work. This extra bit of information should help to provide you with a perfect cooking experience every time.
If you would rather skip right to the recipe, please scroll to the bottom of this page, where you will find the full and complete printable recipe.
Add some water to the bottom of your Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
As an aside, we have a boat load of Pressure Cooker Bone Broth/Stock in the freezer. I like to use my Pressure Cooker Bone Broth/Stock when making Spaghetti. However, since this is a recipe for people on the go, I’ll talk using just Fresh Water. After all, this is a Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs for soccer moms, which means, this a quick meal, so, make it quick!
If you want to use homemade Pressure Cooker Bone Broth/Stock or boxed Broth, I suggest low sodium. Jarred or canned sauce and frozen meatballs tend to have a higher sodium content.
Toss in the entire bag of meatballs, assuming you are using a 16 oz box of Spaghetti.
Alternatively, if you have frozen some of my famous Low Carb Margherita Pizza Meatballs, which are stuffed full of cheese, toss them in, instead of the bagged stuff.
OMG, you guys, that is fantastic! A bite of gooey cheese in each delicious and tender meatball.
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe does not need to be layered.
Sometimes store brands are as good as known brands and sometimes they are not. Like, if you are going to make one of my New York Cheesecakes, please, oh please, only buy Philadelphia Brand cream cheese. The store brands don’t taste near as good.
Best Pasta for Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- In my opinion, De Cecco Brand Pasta holds up so much better than other brands of pasta in the Pressure Cooker. Plus, I prefer the taste and texture of De Cecco Brand Pasta.
- In the above photo, I am using De Cecco Gemelli Pasta, as opposed to De Cecco Spaghetti.
- There is a reason. I use Amazon Subscribe and Save for all my De Cecco Gemelli Pasta. I ran out of De Cecco Spaghetti. We love De Cecco Spaghetti in this house use it all time!!!
- I’ve also got an S&S for De Cecco Cavatappi. I love the cute shapes. I love the De Cecco Cavatappi for when I make Pressure Cooker Macaroni and Cheese. The cheese squishes out from inside the noodles.
- By the way, that is a quick dish too. I find the S&S significantly cheaper than buying the De Cecco Brand Pasta in the grocery stores. Check the prices, they are always changing on line and I grab a bunch when the price drops.
The best jarred sauce we now love is Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce. The taste is more similar to a homemade style and it is naturally lower in carbs and sugar, which is a huge plus for those following a low carb and/or keto diet.
We keep a few jars in the cabinet and it’s most always the Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce.
That is it. Seriously, that’s it. How much time did that take?
How to Make Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Grab meatballs out of the freezer, dump them in.
- Open a jar of Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce. Dump that in.
- Open a box of Spaghetti. Dump that in.
- Pour in the water.
- Lock the lid.
Go set the table.
There you go. Delicious and filling and most importantly, since this is called Pressure Cooker Soccer Mom Spaghetti and Meatballs, QUICK! It looks great!
Drive those kids around knowing you can prepare a quick and easy meal.
I love adding Fresh Grated Asiago Cheese to all my pasta dishes. I love the stuff.
More Easy Instant Pot Recipes to Make
- Instant Pot BBQ Ranch Chicken (Pressure Cooker)
- Instant Pot Italian Chicken Olive Garden
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken (Pressure Cooker Zesty Chicken)
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup Low Carb Keto
I hope that this Pressure Cooker Soccer Mom Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe will save you lots of time in the kitchen and more time with your families.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot DUO Plus, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker
- Cilio Olivewood Spatula
- Microplane Artisan Ribbon Grater
- De Cecco Spaghetti
- Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Soccer Mom Spaghetti and MeatballsPrint Pin Rate
- Ad meatballs to Instant Pot cooking pot.
- Add water, spaghetti (and sauce.
- Lock on lid and close pressure valve. Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When beep sounds, wait 5 minutes and then slowly release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove lid and mix together, breaking up any pasta, which has clumped together. The noodles will continue to absorb the liquid and sauce. If there is excess liquid, simmer to reduce.