Dinner on the fly, no problem, this One Pot Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Quick Spaghetti Dinner and Homemade Sauce is sure to please. It’s so easy and takes less than 10 minutes once your Pressure Cooker comes to pressure!
Pressure Cooker Quick Spaghetti Dinner
Make this Pressure Cooker One Pot Spaghetti Dinner and have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
If you want to use a jarred sauce rather than take the extra few minutes of making a homemade sauce, no problem, it’s so easy.
If you prefer meat with your pasta, try my Pressure Cooker Beef and Macaroni, which is also a one pot meal and very popular!
If you don’t want to make your own sauce, I’ll tell you how in the notes section below.
But really, this recipe is so quick, easy and painless to just make your own homemade sauce, you won’t want to use a jar This sauce will taste like it has been simmering the entire day!
Make sure you also are preparing my delicious Air Fryer Garlic Bread Buns, so you can sop up all the delicious sauce.
If you want ground beef/turkey, sausage, meatballs, etc., in your spaghetti, check out my Pressure Cooker Beef & Macaroni recipe (or, just brown your meat in a bit of oil and continue on with this recipe).
Use the Sauté or Browning function on your Pressure Cooker and allow the cooking pot to get nice. Heating the cooking pot before adding any fat, helps make the pot non stick.
Sauté the onions for two minutes and then add the garlic and sauté one more minute.
Add in the rest of the ingredients, including the spaghetti or pasta and close the lid.
If you want to add in vegetables, like zucchini or carrots, chop them very thick and add them in when you add in your pasta.
Spaghetti noodles WILL clump a bit, but just take a fork and break them up and they will be fine and perfectly cooked.
If you just want to make a pot of sauce, please see my Pressure Cooker Spaghetti Sauce.
If you would like to make this recipe with jarred sauce, check out my Pressure Cooker Soccer Mom Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe.
Don’t forget Air Fryer Garlic Bread Buns, to get every drop of the sauce.
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot Smart DUO60
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Cilio Olivewood Spatula
- Microplane Artisan Course Grater
- Rachael Ray 24 oz EVOO Stoneware Dispensing Bottle
- OXO Good Grips Cutting Board
- Alton Brown Salt Box
- Lock N Lock Storage Container
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- De Cecco Spaghetti
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread Buns
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Quick Spaghetti DinnerPrint Pin Rate
- 28 ounces Diced Tomatoes
- 3 ounces Tomato Paste
- 15 ounces Tomato Sauce
- 2.5 cups Chicken Stock/Broth (or water)
- 2 teaspoons Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Dried Parsley Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Red Wine/Cabernet a good Cabernet!
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Seeds crushed
- Parmesan Rind chunk optional
- Push Sauté or Browning function on Pressure Cooker. Allow it to heat and then add oil.
- Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Lock on lid and seal pressure valve. Cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes.
- When Beep sounds, allow a 5 minute Natural Pressure Release, then carefully release the rest of the pressure.
The general rule of thumb is to cook the pasta for 1/2 of the time, minus 2 minutes, erring on the lowest side, indicated on the package.