My quick and easy Pressure Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken can be enjoyed in on a salad, rolled up in lettuce, over cauliflower rice, as a sandwich and more.
Pressure Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken
My Pressure Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken recipe is perfect for low carb, keto and weight watchers diets.
The flavor profile is high and satisfying.
Add a couple of spoonfuls to a lettuce leaf for a quick hunger satisfying snack.
Mix it with cream cheese for a high fat/protein dip.
Based on my very popular Better than Hot Wings Cafe Air Fryer Hot Buffalo Chicken Wings recipe, this is an easy dump everything into the Instant Pot, Mealty MultiPot or Pressure Cooker and set the time!
With only a few ingredients, this Shredded Chicken recipe will be your new best friend.
It can be made mild to spicy; you choose.
Ingredients for Pressure Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken
- Franks RedHot Sauce – This hot sauce is pure hot sauce and different from the Franks RedHot Wings Sauce, which uses butter flavoring.
- Butter – Butter is what determines the heat. More butter = less heat. Less butter = more heat.
- Worcestershire Sauce – The Worcestershire Sauce kicks up the flavor a notch. It works similarly to how a touch Fish Sauce gives food a deeper and richer flavor.
- Brown Sugar or Surkin Brown Sugar Low Carb substitute – Adding a sweetener to hot sauce, brings out the flavors of the chilis a bit more. This is totally optional. It also helps the sauce cling to the chicken. I prefer not to use a sweetener, but my husband does like to use it, so as a compromise, I just add a tiny amount of the Surkin Brown Sugar Low Carb substitute to keep it low carb.
Tips and Tricks for Pressure Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken.
- Chicken releases a lot of water during pressure cooking, so don’t be tempted to add more liquid.
- Use more butter for a milder heat.
- More hot sauce will give a hotter flavor.
- Medium heat is usually the perfect heat profile for most people.
- The liquid will absorb during shredding.
- Mix in 4 ounces of cream cheese during shredding for a Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip.
How to Eat Shredded Buffalo Chicken.
In a cool piece of romaine, bibb or other type of lettuce leaf!
On stalks of celery.
Over cauliflower rice!
If you are not on a low carb or keto diet, you can eat it on top of rice (add my Pressure Cooker Perfectly Cooked Pot in Pot Rice recipe)
With a dollop of blue cheese dressing.
Celery sticks on the side.
Use two forks or Meat Claws to shred the chicken.
It will shred pretty easily, but………….
wait for it………………..
You are not seeing things.
Simply use am electric handheld mixer and in a few seconds, perfectly shredded chicken.
As you are shredding, the liquid will incorporate with the chicken and keep it juicy.
For a less saucy result, you could always simmer is a bit.
Don’t believe me?
Wait for it!
Check out this video for yourself!
Using a Hand Held Electric Mixer to shred the chicken will change your world.
Pretend you did not notice that I first said 5 seconds and then said 5 minutes.
It’s super fast and you can shed the entire pot in less than a minute.
Other Recipes Using Hand Held Electric Mixer are:
More Low Carb Recipes to Try.
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot DUO Mini Plus 3 Quart Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot, Mealty MultiPot or Pressure Cooker
- J.A. Henckels Classic 8 inch Chef’s Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- KitchenAid Hand Mixer – for baking and shredding chicken!
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken
My quick and easy Pressure Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken can be enjoyed in on a salad, rolled up in lettuce, over rice, as a sandwich and more.
Add all ingredients to pressure cooker cooking pot.
Lock on lid and close pressure valve. Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes. When Beep sounds, wait 10 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure.
Use an electric hand mixer and shred the chicken in the cooking pot. The sauce will absorb into the chicken.
If not following a low carb or Keto diet, see my Pot in Pot Rice Recipe.
Use more butter for a milder heat.
More hot sauce will give a hotter flavor.
Photos show breasts cut in half, but go a head and cut them into chunks.