Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken Jalapeño Poppers with a Korean BBQ Sauce makes a great meal or appetizer. Oozing cheese with smokey bacon and barbecue sauce in every bite! Low Carb and Keto options too!
Ed loves, loves, loves Jalapeño Poppers.
He also loves bacon.
Chicken breast is something he also loves, so, I decided to put it all together.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken Jalapeño Poppers make such a beautiful presentation.
These can be made appetizer size or dinner size.
If you want to make them really big, use Anaheim Peppers.
Jalapeño Peppers come in various sizes, so choose your size.
What are the Ingredients for Bacon Wrapped Chicken Jalapeño Poppers?
- Jalapeño Peppers
- Cream Cheese
- Barbecue Sauce
For a larger amount of filling, slice the jalapenos in half.
Pile on the filling. Just be careful not to wrap the chicken too tight, so that it gushes out.
You will probably want to wear some food prep gloves, so that your fingers don’t start to react.
What is a Jalapeño Popper?
A Jalapeno Popper is a cheese stuffed Jalapeño Pepper.
It is often coated in bread crumbs.
They are deep fried, but can be made in the Air Fryer too.
When you take a bite, the hot filling will ooze out.
The filling can be made of cheese, seafood, meat and spices.
Jalapeño Poppers can be expanded up by using meat or bacon to wrap the Popper.
Get creative here if you like.
This is just my basic recipe and you can change it up to suit your favorite seasonings and cheese.
Chopped crab and shrimp can be added as well.
What are the Ingredients for Jalapeño Popper Filling?
- Cream Cheese
- Cheese, such as Monterey Jack, Oaxaca, Mozzarella, Cheddar
Use your favorite cheese. Mix and match!
A good meat tenderizer/pounder does a nice job of making the chicken strips nice and thin.
My This Old Gal House Seasoning is perfect for this recipe.
The blend is mild and pairs nicely with the spicy jalapenos.
Can I Cut Jalapeños in Half to Make it Easier?
You will be able to add a larger amount of filling to each popper.
If you cut them in half, just make sure you wrap the chicken tightly around the jalapenos.
The chicken and bacon will prevent the cheese from oozing out before it is ready to ooze.
The seasoned chicken strips should be thin enough to wrap around the jalapeño poppers.
Make sure to leave a little flap at the opening (s), so that the filling is sealed inside.
The bacon will slowly crisp up and add great flavor to the chicken, while keeping the chicken breasts safe from burning and becoming dry.
Toothpicks will help keep the Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken Jalapeño Poppers stay together during cooking.
How do I Prevent Bacon Grease from Smoking in my Air Fryer:
A bit of water placed into the Air Fryer drawer, will prevent the bacon from smoking.
Pack the Bacon Wrapped Chicken Jalapeño Poppers into the Air Fryer Basket and you are ready to cook.
We love to use Korean BBQ Sauce on these Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken Jalapeño Poppers.
It makes them sweet and spicy!
You can also make your own barbecue sauce.
My Homemade Carolina BBQ Sauce is pretty delish.
For low carb and keto, use a sugar free barbecue sauce.
Don’t rush the cooking process. You want to make sure the Jalapeño Peppers become soft and release their yummy flavors.
Grab a knife and fork and you are ready to eat!
Other Air Fryer Recipes to Enjoy:
- Air Fryer Carne Asada Recipe
- Air Fryer Orange Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Chinese Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Persian Kabab Koobideh
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- GoWise 7 Quart Air Fryer
- J.A. Henckels Classic 8 inch Chef’s Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- di Oro Living Silicone Spatulas Set
- Alton Brown Salt Box
- Gravity Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder
- Fine Life Oil Mister
- 6 oz Porcelain Ramekins
- Sonder LA End Grain Teak Cutting Board, Juice Grooves & Compartments
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Chicken PoppersPrint Pin Rate
- 8 Jalapeño Peppers cleaned and cut in half
- 3/4 cup Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack Cheese (or other melting cheese) shredded
- 1 Scallion chopped
- 2 Chicken Breasts Boneless/Skinless pounded and cut into 8 strips
- 1/4 teaspoon TOG House Seasoning
- 8 slices Bacon
- 1/2 cup Korean Style BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce
- Slice off tops and stems of jalapeño peppers. Make a slit in each jalapeno pepper along one side and carefully remove the membrane and seeds.
- Mix together cream cheese, cheese, scallions and salt and stuff inside each jalapeño peppers.
- Pound chicken into 8 flat strips and season with TOG Seasoning.
- Wrap one chicken strip around each jalapeño popper.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each chicken jalapeño, trying to seal the opening (with chicken or bacon) and secure with a toothpick.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of water into air fryer drawer. Place poppers in air fryer basket and then into drawer and cook at 340 degrees for 24 minutes (depending on size), turning over half way through.
- Brush Barbecue Sauce on each popper and cook at 390 degrees for 5 minutes, or until bubbly.
PIN this Air Fryer Barbecue Bacon Wrapped Chicken Jalapeño Poppers!