You don’t have to follow a low carb or keto diet to LOVE my Low Carb Breaded Pork Chops in the air fryer. Juicy, flavorful and delicious and ZERO net carbs!
Low Carb Breaded Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
Several months ago, I was working on my book edits and time had gotten away from me.
I called out to Ed and said “if I give you a really easy recipe, will you make dinner in the air fryer“?
It was a recipe I had already created on paper based on my Air Fryer Southern Catfish recipe.
Ed said yes and in 20 minutes, dinner was on the table.
We love our large air fryer so much and use it on a daily basis.
Those pork chops were delicious and incredibly juicy. They made the dinner rotation.
I converted that recipe to a low carb and keto recipe!!!!
I have to start out by saying that I strongly dislike pork rinds. Like, really, really dislike.
The smell, the texture, the taste, no no no no.
Ed loves them and since we are trying to adhere to a low carb diet, well, I’ve been trying to get used to them.
Not gonna happen.
My little love, Junie Moon, however, loves them and loves them a lot.
So, I put on my big girl panties, held my nose and got cracking.
So many flavor possibilities with this recipe.
I used individual seasonings for an Italian flavor.
Premade Italian seasoning works in a pinch.
Cajun seasonings can be used too.
How to Make Low Carb Crispy Breaded Pork Chops.
Pork rinds will work the same as Bread Crumbs for adding a beautiful breading without carbohydrates.
Pork rinds have ZERO carbs and are perfect for low carb and keto followers!
Seasonings that you love to make seasoned pork rind crumbs.
A wet rub is used, so that the seasoned pork rind crumbs will adhere to the pork chops.
Don’t be afraid of lean meat in the air fryer.
If prepped and cooked properly, air fried pork chops will be very juicy and tender.
Why Use Mustard on Air Fryer Pork Chops?
- In the air fryer, mustard is a nice substitute for spraying food with oil and acts as a substitute for deep fat frying by allowing the food to cook, without drying.
- A wet condiment, such as mustard and mayonnaise will adhere nicely to the pork, so that a dry coating will stick.
- Mustard will keep the pork most as it cooks and prevent dry pork chops.
- Seasoned pork rind crumbs will stick to the mustard well and ensure a crisp crust.
- The mustard flavor does not transfer the taste to the finished pork chops.
Plain yellow mustard is great for coating fish.
Spicy brown mustard works well on pork chops and chicken.
Tips and Tricks.
- Use a light and even coating of a wet condiment such as mustard, or even mayonnaise.
- Make sure pork rinds are crushed very well.
- Push the crushed pork rinds into the mustard and make sure they are completely coated.
- Use a good oil sprayer, such as the Fine Life Oil Mister to spray the basket of the air fryer.
- When turning over the pork chops, a stiff wooden spatula works better than tongs, so that you can get right under the chop, without causing the coating on the sides to break off.
- Buy extra pork rinds, as you will love the result!
For this Low Carb Breaded Pork Chops recipe, no oil is sprayed on the pork chops.
Make sure to keep a big batch f my TOG All Purpose Low Carb Seasoned Breading.
It’s great on my Air Fryer Southern Fried Catfish recipe.
I served my Low Carb Breaded Pork Chops with a side of my Pressure Cooker Cauliflower Faux Mac and Cheese recipe.
Other Low Carb and Keto Air Fryer Recipes to Enjoy.
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- GoWISE USA 5.8 Quart Air Fryer
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- J.A. Henckels Classic 8 inch Chef’s Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Cilio Olivewood Spatula
- Fine Life Oil Mister
- Sonder LA End Grain Teak Cutting Board, Juice Grooves & Compartments
- Pork Rinds
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Air Fryer Low Carb Breaded Pork Chops
Low Carb Breaded Pork ChopsPrint Pin Rate
- Smash pork rinds and add to a shallow bowl. Mix in seasonings.
- Spread mustard on both sides of pork chops and coat well with pork rind coating.
- Spray air fryer basket and place chops in basket.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 14 minutes, turning over after 7 minutes.
- For 1 1/2 inch chops, cook for 16 minutes, turning over after 8 minutes.
- For thin pork chops, cook for 10 minutes, turning over after 5 minutes.
- Stone Ground Mustard and Horseradish Mustard, would also be delicious in this recipe.