Sausage Feta Eggs Breakfast Scramble with cream cheese and chives is a perfect keto low carb breakfast skillet that will keep you full until lunch.
Sausage Feta Eggs Breakfast Scramble
My Sausage Feta Eggs Breakfast Scramble Skillet is a hearty breakfast which will keep you going for hours.
Learn how to scramble eggs to perfection, without drying them out!
Ingredients to Sausage Feta Eggs Breakfast Scramble.
- Sausage – Bratwurst, Knackwurst, Chorizo, Andouille, Italian, Flavored like with Jalapeno (even a hot dog if you are desperate)
- Feta Cheese – a nice tangy cheese adds great texture
- Cream Cheese – adds creaminess
- Heavy Cream
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt – our favorite, but any salt is fine.
- Black Pepper or 4 Colored Pepper – we love the tri-color blend.
- Bacon Grease – because, well, bacon!!!!
Any kind of sausage can be used. Bratwurst type of sausage is best for this recipe, as the casing and good fat helps keep the sausage nice and juicy.
Why use Pink Himalayan Sea Salt?
- On a low carb and keto diet, sometimes electrolytes and salt levels can become unbalanced.
- The body handles electrolytes and water differently.
- It’s really important to make sure to add salt to your diet.
- Not only does Pink Himalayan sea salt make food taste better, but it contains more than 84 minerals and trace elements. Some of those are magnesium, potassium, calcium, cooper and iron.
- Plus, it is a nice pink color!
All you do is turn the mill over and the pepper grinds itself. It is so handy to use while cooking as it only takes one hand.
Using bacon grease in a cast iron pan, helps to season the pan, while cooking. Two for the price of one.
There are so many types of sausage.
Jalapeno, hot and spicy, sun dried tomato and more.
The aroma of sausage frying in hot bacon grease is so delicious.
The crispy edges of the sausage adds so much flavor.
How to Make Scrambled Eggs
- Whisk eggs really well and frothy.
- Use a tiny amount of very cold cream or water. This helps with the fluffy final result.
- Start with a hot skillet and then add in the fat.
- Let the eggs sit in the hot skillet a bit, before scrambling.
- Use a fork to scramble the eggs.
- Turn off the heat while they are still in the very soft stage. The residual heat will continue to cook and you don’t want the eggs to dry out and lose moisture.
- Toss in add ins while the eggs are still soft and wet.
Because eggs cook so quickly, it helps to turn off the heat when about three-quarters of the eggs are firm.
The loose part will continue to cook.
The add ins will be spread throughout and still be recognizable, rather than melding into the eggs.
It is nice to see bits of the add ins and they should be distinguishable.
Tips and Tricks for Scrambled Eggs and Omelets.
- Cast iron holds the heat for a long time.
- Turn off the burner when the eggs are soft set and a bit runny.
- The residual heat will continue to cook the eggs and melt the cream cheese. Otherwise, the cream cheese will turn to liquid and lose the yummy creaminess.
Fresh chives add a great flavor.
Make sure to add them in at the end, right before the last mix.
More Breakfast and Egg Recipes.
If you cook eggs fully, by the time they land on your plate, there is a good change they will become dry and over cooked.
They will continue to cook in the skillet, while you are adding in the cheese, chives or whatever else you desire.
This makes a very filling breakfast, which will leave you very satisfied and is a great start to any day.
Low carb and keto diets need to make sure to get enough electrolytes in their food..
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- J.A. Henckels Classic 8 inch Chef’s Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk– a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Cilio Olivewood Spatula
- Gravity Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder
- 6 oz Porcelain Ramekins
- John Boos Maple Cutting Board with Groove
- Lodge 10.25″ Cast Iron Skillet
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Low Carb Sausage Feta Eggs Breakfast Scramble
with cream cheese and chives is a perfect keto low carb breakfast skillet that will keep you full until lunch.
Heat cast iron skillet for five minutes and then add bacon grease.
Add sliced sausage into skillet and pan fry until slightly browned on each side, about 5 minutes.
Whisk together eggs, cream, salt and pepper and pour into skillet over sausage. Let sit one minute and then gently use a fork or wooden spatula to scramble.
Scramble until softly set (a bit liquidy) and then turn off flame. Add crumbled feta and mix through.
Dot with cream cheese and chives and let sit 30 seconds. Mix though and serve.
Any type of sausage can be used. I used grass feed beef sausage with jalapeno peppers.
If you want a little kick, add jalapeno or other peppers into the skillet when you add the sausage.
The residual heat from the cast iron skillet will continue to cook the eggs, once the flame has been turned off.