Pressure Cooker Happy Birthday Brownie Cheesecake (“Pake”) is a festive cake that is perfect for a birthday party.
This Pressure Cooker Happy Birthday Brownie Cheesecake (“Pake”) is a rich and decadent dessert is perfect for a birthday party or other special celebration.
Some people like to make individual size cheesecakes using Mason Jars. If you would like to do that for this recipe, you will only need six Kerr Half Pint (8 oz) Mason Jars or 12 Ball 4 oz Mason Jars.
They can be made with or without crust. Just divide the crust (if using), filling and topping equally between each jar.
Before you get started making this Pressure Cooker Cheesecake, please read my article called Perfect Pressure Cooker Cheesecake Tips & Guide, so that your first cheesecake will be a success.
It just might be a little more difficult to separate the cake from the bottom of the pan.
If you don’t want the filling to mix with the brownie, place the cheesecake pan in freezer for 5 minutes.
Mix the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and flour until smooth.
Add one egg at a time. Just use the pulse button for one second after each egg added. It is okay if you see some of the yellow yolk.
Don’t forget to read my article called Perfect Pressure Cooker Cheesecake Tips & Guide.
Fold in the cream last.
I use the zest from the Eureka Lemon and from any orange or tangerine you like. For grating the lemon and orange, I like the Microplane Stainless Steel Zester, as it is stainless steel and has super sharp blades.
Many other on line cheesecake recipes don’t call for the zest from a lemon and an orange, but, trust me on this, the peels make a HUGE difference in the overall taste.
Some people like to use Grafiti Bands Cross Style as they make it so easy to get pans and bowls in and out of the Pressure Cooker. The Grafiti Bands will hold the paper towel in place nicely, as well.
It is cheap to make and you will find yourself using it all your Pot in Pot cooking.
After the filling is in the pan, adjust the Grafiti Bands Cross Style so that it forms an X.
Place the cheesecake on the trivet inside the Pressure Cooker.
I placed a paper towel over the cheesecake and tucked it in to avoid water from pooling. It seemed to work.
A cheesecake is done before the center of it is set. It will be a bit jiggly in the center and the sides will be slightly higher.
Don’t feel the urge to cook longer or else the top will crack.
The heat that is trapped inside will continue to cook the center while the cheesecake cools.
When the Pressure Cooker Happy Birthday Brownie Cheesecake (“Pake”) comes out of the Pressure Cooker, mix together the sour cream topping and poor it over the cake.
I totally forgot to pour on the topping, as I got so excited to pour on the Gooey Hot Fudge Sauce and then, it was too late. Ugh. The sour cream topping really makes a delicious difference.
I use this LamsonSharp Chef’s Slotted Turner to remove the cheesecake to a plate. It’s super thin and fits easily between the Cheesecake and the base of the pan. It is not a good idea to cut the cheesecake on top of the Push Pan base, as it will scratch and sticking will become a problem.
The Homemade Whipped Cream is very simple to make and is best made shortly before serving the Cheesecake. Cherries look quite festive on top. Plus, I love Maraschino Cherries and I needed an excuse to open a jar!
I hope you will enjoy my Pressure Cooker Happy Birthday Brownie Cheesecake (“Pake”).
More Cheesecake Recipes You Will Love.
- Pressure Cooker Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bites
- Pressure Cooker Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake (Pake)
- Pressure Cooker Three Ingredient Japanese Cotton Cheesecake
- Pressure Cooker Meyer Lemon Cheesecake
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot Smart DUO60
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Culina Stackable (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- 3.5 Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- Microplane Stainless Steel Zester
- Lock N Lock Storage Container
- 1/2 Cookie Sheet
- 6″ Fat Daddio’s Push Pan
- The Forum Cafeteria Incredible Chocolate Brownies
- Perfect Homemade Whipped Cream
- Chewy Gooey Hot Fudge Sauce
- LamsonSharp Chef’s Slotted Turner
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Happy Birthday Brownie Cheesecake (“Pake”)
Pressure Cooker Happy Birthday Brownie Cheesecake ("Pake")Print Pin Rate
- 1/4 Brownie Recipe
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons White Sugar
- Please read my article Perfect Pressure Cooker Cheesecake Tips & Guide, before proceeding.
- Prepare my Forum Cafeteria Brownie recipe and pour 1/4 of the batter into a greased cheesecake pan, that is lined with a parchment paper round. Place in freezer for a bit, if desired.
- Blend together cream cheese, sugar, flour (if using), grated peels and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add eggs and yolk, one at a time, mixing just enough to combine.
- Gently fold in the cream.
- Pour filling into the pan, on top of the brownie crust.
- Add 1.5 cups of water to the bottom of your pressure cooker and then place a trivet inside the pot.
- Cover the cheesecake with a paper towel and secure it around the sides.
- Place cheesecake into pressure cooker using a sling.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve.
- Cook at High Pressure for 30-35 minutes, depending on how dense you want your Cheesecake.
- When Beep is heard, allow a 10 minute Natural Pressure Release.
- After all pressure has been released, open pressure cooker and gently remove the pan. Remove the foil and paper towel and dab off any liquid that may have accumulated.
- The center will be a bit jiggly, but don't worry. The heat that is trapped inside will continue to cook the center while the cheesecake cools.
- Mix together the sour cream and sugar and then spread on the hot cheesecake.
- Let cool on wire rack for one hour.
- Lightly cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
8 oz Glass Jar - cook 7 minutes
4 oz Glass Jar - cook 4 minutes
16 oz Glass Jars - DON'T DO IT!
15 minute Natural Pressure Release