Air Fryer Crispy Sweet Potato Fries are a great addition to a low fat, heart healthy diet. A sprinkle of Turmeric does a body good!
This yummy and easy to make snack will rock your World! With just a dash of Turmeric Powder and a bit of Ghee or Coconut Oil, coupled with my House Seasoned Salt, the impromptu Golden Paste, adds great heath benefits to these Air Fryer Crispy Sweet Potato Fries.
Golden Paste is supposed to have great health benefits. Turmeric Powder, Black Pepper and Coconut Oil are the three ingredients needed. If you would like to try it, add a little of the Turmeric Powder to the Coconut Oil. The Homemade Seasoned Salt already contains Black Pepper.
Alternatively, Ghee is another great choice for using on these Air Fryer Crispy Sweet Potato Fries. Both Ghee and Coconut Oil stand up well using higher heat. Try making your own Pressure/Slow Cooker Simple Homemade Ghee. It’s easy and oh so delicious.
So, my original photo came out blurry and I only had one Sweet Potato left and needed to reshoot the Ingredients photo. I’m not a photoshop expert but did my best to put a Sweet Potato in the picture. Don’t laugh.
If you prefer your Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries with the skin, skip the peel and use a Sharp Knife to cut the Sweet Potatoes into 1/4 inch slices.
This is another use of my “Secret” Ingredient. Potato Starch does great things to add crunch. Remember my Air Fryer Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken Wings? You guys go crazy for those wings. These Air Fryer Crispy Sweet Potato Fries, have the word “Crispy” in the title for a reason. Your Sweet Potato Fries will be crispy and crunchy, sweet but soft and yummy inside.
Place the Peeled and Cut Sweet Potato Sticks into a baggie and add Potato Starch. Shake the bag to make sure all the Sweet Potato Sticks are well covered.
Shake off any excess Potato Starch and place Sweet Potato Fries into a Medium Mixing Bowl. There should be no loose Potato Starch in the Bowl at all! There should just be a very light dusting. No, flour will not work. 😉
I love cooking with Ghee, especially in the Air Fryer. Well, that’s not true, I love to use it for Stir Frying in my Cast Iron Skillets and I love it in my Instant Pot! It’s got a great nutty butter taste and won’t burn using high heat, like Butter. If you would like to make your own Ghee, check out my Indian Pressure/Slow Cooker Simple Ghee recipe.
As I said above, Coconut Oil works really well too, or Spray on a little Olive Oil by using an Oil Mister. I use and recommend the Olive Oil Sprayer / Mister for Cooking. Coat the Sweet Potato Fries well with the Oil of your choice and then sprinkle on the Seasoned Salt and combine.
Check my Article on How to Properly Season Air Fryer. Place the Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer basket and you are ready to cook. It’s always a good idea to shake the Basket around for more even cooking.
My Zaxby’s Dipping Sauce recipe goes great with these Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries recipe, as does the Better than Bloomin’ Onion Ring Dipping Sauce recipe. Pair your Sweet Potato Fries with a Rotisserie Air Fryer Chicken and enjoy!
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Ultrean 8.5 Quart Air Fryer
- J.A. Henckels Classic 8-inch Chef’s Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Simply Gourmet (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- di Oro Living Silicone Spatulas Set
- Rachael Ray Stoneware EVOO Oil Dispensing Bottle
- Porcelain & Bamboo Salt Box with Spoon
- Homemade Seasoned Salt Recipe
- Olive Oil Sprayer / Mister for Cooking
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- 2 med Sweet Potatoes cut into 1/4" slices
- 2 TBL Ghee (or coconut oil)
- 3 TBL Potato Starch (or cornstarch)
- 2 tsp TOG House Seasoning (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp Organic Turmeric Powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup Zaxby's Dipping Sauce
- Slice Potatoes about 1/4 inch slice. Add Potato Starch and Turmeric to a Ziploc Bag and shake to coat. Remove Potato Slices and shake off excess Starch. Add Potato Slices to a large mixing bowl. Coat with Ghee or Coconut Oil and then sprinkle on Seasoning.
- Place Potato Slices in Prepared/Seasoned Air Fryer and cook at 380 degrees for 18-20 minutes, shaking the basket half way through.