Pressure Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls, with a Mexican flair are made with good and wholesome ingredients and cooked to perfection in an Instant Pot.
Here is a dump and push start, really quick, easy and delicious week night meal. There is really no planning and you can throw it together in your Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker, with only a moments notice.
These Pressure Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls made with Rice in ONE POT, is a very flexible recipe.
By all the emails I get about my Pressure Cooker One Pot Chicken and Rice recipe, I figured you all might want another One Pot Chicken and Rice recipe. So, here you go!
Ingredients for Pressure Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Rotel Mexican and/or Diced Tomatoes, whichever you like.
- Taco Seasoning
- Red Pepper and Onion
- Black Beans
Don’t forget to make up a batch of my This Old Gal’s Simple Guacamole to go along with your Taco Bowls.
Do I have to Sauté the Veggies?
- No. Pressure Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls can be made dump and push or you can choose to saute the veggies. Your choice.
- If you are going to sauté the veggie, make sure you fully heat your Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker cooking pot, so that the stainless steel cooking pot becomes non-stick.
- The photos and narrative go through the sautéing process, but the recipe card below is for the dump and push start method.
A good high heat spatula works well, so that the tip does not discolor or burn.
Red peppers give a sweeter flavor than green peppers. Orange and yellow are nice to use as well.
Green peppers are stronger, but if you like a stronger spice, those are find to use as well.
We keep a jar in the fridge at all times.
I suggest making up several batches of my taco seasoning and storing it in an air tight jar. There are always so many uses for taco seasoning.
and use that instead.
If you want to give your Pressure Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls a flavor boost, add in a couple shakes of True Lime Garlic Cilantro. I keep bottles of the this set of True Lime Shakers (lemon pepper, lime garlic, cilantro and orange ginger) in my pantry at all times. These are fabulous seasonings and taste like the citrus was just plucked from the tree.
You can make this dish as seasoned or not seasoned as you like.
That’s it and it is ready to be cooked.
Remember, if you are in a hurry and do not want to make your own Salsa, skip the Sautéing of the Onions and Fresh Garlic.
Garnish with whatever you like.
Grated Cheese, Sour Cream or Homemade Greek Yogurt, Fresh Cilantro, Fresh Diced Tomatoes and a wedge of Lime.
This makes a great filling for Burritos and Tacos.
How about a Mexican Chicken Tostada Bowl? Turn any regular Flour Tortilla into a Crunchy Tostada Bowl by buying one of these Tostada Bowl Makers.
You can even make your own Tortillas with my easy Yogurt Whey Indian Chapati / Roti (Flatbread) recipe!
Don’t forget to make my Quick and Easy Guacamole!!!!
More Instant Pot Chicken Casseroles to Make:
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Pesto Penne [Video]
- Instant Pot Spicy Crack Chicken (Pressure Cooker)
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Japanese Chicken Curry
- Instant Pot Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- di Oro Living Silicone Spatulas Set
- LamsonSharp Chef’s Slotted Turner– I totally love this spatula!
- Rachael Ray Stoneware EVOO Oil Dispensing Bottle
- Porcelain & Bamboo Salt Box with Spoon
- My FANTASTIC Teak Cutting & Charcuterie Board & Compartments
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Pressure Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls [Instant Pot]Print Pin Rate
- 2.5 lbs Chicken Breasts Boneless/Skinless (cut into 2 inch chunks)
- 12 oz Jasmine Rice rinsed well
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Yellow/Brown Onion chopped
- 1 large Red Pepper chopped
- 3 cloves Fresh Garlic minced
- 2.5 cups Chicken Stock/Broth
- 16 oz Corn Kernels frozen, fresh or canned
- 15 oz Black Beans (drain liquid from can)
- 1 pkt Taco Seasoning (Mild or Spicy)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves chopped
- 15 oz Diced Tomatoes
- 15 oz Rotel Diced Tomatoes, Mexican Flavor
- 1 large Lime
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp True Lime Garlic Cilantro
- Rinse rice well and set aside.
- To Instant Pot or pressure cooker cooking pot, ad in olive oil, chopped onions, red pepper and minced garlic.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour chicken broth over vegetables.
- Place chicken into pot in an even layer.Evenly layer in chicken chunks, corn, black beans, taco seasoning, True Lime Garlic Cilantro, lime Juice, salt.
- Add corn and black beans.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning, True Lime Garlic Cilantro and salt into pot.
- Squeeze in lime juice.
- Sprinkle rice evenly into cooking pot
- Lastly, pour in Rotel and diced tomatoes to make an even layer.
- Lock on lid and close pressure valve. Cook at high pressure (most pots default to high pressure) for 2 minutes.
- When beep sounds, wait 10 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure.
- Open pot, add cilantro and stir to combine.
- Garnish with Grated Cheese, Sour Cream, Fresh Cilantro and a Lime Wedge. Serve with Tortilla Chips, if desired.