Blue Cheese Butter is a compound butter used for topping steaks, chops and crackers. Add herbs for an herb butter. Perfect savory Low Carb Keto fat bomb.
Blue cheese salad dressing has always been my favorite salad dressing. It is the only salad dressing I use at salad bars and restaurants.
Ed on the other hand, won’t touch the stuff. He ‘thinks” that he doesn’t like blue cheese.
I make Cobb salad often and use blue cheese. Ed eats them and never says a word….that is/was, until I told him that I blue cheese in the salad. He said he would prefer I not use it.
Normally, I just use a little butter on the steaks, but, after having dinner at my friend Nikola’s house, where I enjoyed a steak with crumbled blue cheese, I had an idea.
Several months ago, while playing around with steak in my air fryer (which I have perfected by the way), I decided to make a topping with butter and blue cheese.
Ed loves a touch of butter on his steaks, so adding blue cheese might just be the best of both worlds.
Well folks, we BOTH have been enjoying our rib eye steaks with my Blue Cheese Butter Topping and Ed is a convert. He loves my Air Fryer Rib Eye Steak with this Blue Cheese Butter. Gotcha!
Ingredients for Blue Cheese Butter
- Blue Cheese
- 1.5 ounce Silicone Mold for Herb Butter and Cheesecake Bites
- For larger Fat Bombs, use this 2.5 ounce Silicone “Egg Bite Tray”
Often times, compound butter and herb butters are wrapped in plastic and then sliced.
Those who follow a low carb or keto diet, will appreciate this Savory Fat Bomb.
Tips and Tricks
- Allow butter to soften on the counter.
- Buy a block of blue cheese and crumble the amount needed. Packaged crumbled blue cheese is more expensive and generally not as good quality as a solid brick.
- If you don’t mind greasy hands, with clean hands, squish the butter and blue cheese together. It’s a bit faster than using a fork.
For another flavor profile, try adding in freshly cut herbs like parsley or thyme. Freshly ground pepper is nice to add too.
These cute little egg bite molds are perfect for making perfectly shaped compound butter.
The molds are the smaller size, not the ones used for Sous Vide or Pressure Cooker (Starbucks) Bacon and Jarlsberg Egg Bites or Pressure Cooker Mini Mushroom Quiche Bites.
You can see the size difference in my Pressure Cooker Cherry Cordial Cheesecake Bites recipe.
The butter compound is ready to serve now, or freeze it for another day.
Alternatively, the mixture can be rolled into a log and sealed tightly with plastic wrap.
The Blue Cheese Butter will melt on the hot steak.
Each bite is enough for two steaks!
How to Use Blue Cheese Butter.
- Melted on top of my Air Fryer Rib Eye Steak.
- Softened with crackers.
- As a flavor bomb in my Pressure Cooker Macaroni and Cheese recipe.
I’d love to know if you converted a blue cheese hater!
More Yummy Topping Recipes:
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- 1.5 ounce Silicone Mold for Herb Butter and Cheesecake Bites or
- 2.5 ounce Silicone “Baby Food” Containers (great for Egg and Cheesecake Bites”) for larger fat bombs.
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
- 4 ounces Salted Butter room temperature
- 4 ounces Blue Cheese (use a block)
- Place butter and blue cheese into a medium bowl. With a fork, mash the two together until combined.
- Divide mixture into 7 pieces and push tightly into each well.
- Cover and store in freezer until ready to use, or place in refrigerator for 15 minutes to harden and use right away.