Yet another chicken wing recipe. As you know, Friday is wing night in this house. We love wings, so keep checking back as our repertoire of yummy chicken wing recipes is growing fast.
This Chicken Wing recipe is very different from my Asian Ginger Sticky Chicken Wings recipe. This recipe was shared in one of my cooking groups. If I can find the original recipe and the nice lady who shared, I will update.
The original recipe calls for baking the wings in the oven but of course, I just had to make them in the Pressure Cooker.
This is not a sweet Chicken Wing recipe. If you like sweet wings, please check out my Honey Bourbon Chicken Wings recipe or my Honey Garlic Chicken Wings recipe. For a spicy wing and still my favorite wings of all time, check out my Buffalo Hot Wings recipe.
Chicken always tastes better after a long marinade. It is great to marinate the wings overnight, but if you cannot, then at least marinate them for an hour. I just use a Ziploc bag and throw the wings with the marinade right inside and then place in my refrigerator.
I have the whole line of True crystalized citrus products in my pantry. They taste exactly like a very fresh piece of fruit. If you don’t have oranges, this is a perfect substitute.
In fact, the orange I cut open tonight, was not very juicy or flavorful, so I added a packet of the True Orange.
You don’t want to cook the wings all the way through, just get them a little brown.
After all the wings are nicely braised, add the marinade into the Pressure Cooker cooking pot and deglaze the cooking pot.
Remove the wings to a plate and turn the Pressure Cooker on to Sauté or Browning and allow the liquid to reduce.
Run the liquid through a strainer.
Pour sauce over the chicken and serve with Glistening Mashed Potatoes, Triple Coconut Rice or Ghee Rice. You’ll need something to soak up all the sauce.
- Instant Pot Smart DUO60
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk – a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Bellemain Porcelain Ramekins
- John Boos Maple Cutting Board with Groove
- RSVP Stainless Steel Strainer Basket
- Mesh Strainless Steel Strainer
Here is the handy printable recipe.
- 3 pounds Chicken Wings
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Fresh Water
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 2-inch piece Ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Star Anise Pods
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Orange, juiced
- 1 Scallion
- Rinse and pat dry chicken wings.
- Combine marinade ingredients.
- Add chicken wings and marinade to a Ziploc bag.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight, or at least one hour.
- Select Sauté or Browning on your Pressure Cooker and allow to heat.
- Add a Tablespoon of oil.
- Braise the chicken wings in batches, removing the wings to a bowl after each batch.
- Add marinade to Pressure Cooker cooking pot and deglaze.
- Return wing to Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve.
- Cook at High Pressure for 5 minutes.
- When Beep sounds, allow a 10 minute Natural Pressure Release.
- Remove wings from Pressure Cooker.
- Select Sauté/Browning and reduce liquid.
- Strain liquid and serve on the side as a dipping sauce.