- Pressure Cooker Vietnamese Caramelized Pork Spare Ribs
- Pressure Cooker Asian Style Chinese Boiled Peanuts
- Pressure Cooker Vietnamese Pho Tai
- Pressure Cooker Thai Moo Wan Sweet Pork w/Coconut Rice
Kitchen Equipment and Essentials
- J.A. Henckels Classic 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- Amco Advanced Performance 18/10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Simply Gourmet (Dry) Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Hocking Glass (Liquid) Measuring Cups
- Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk – a MUST have, probably my most used utensil
- Alton Brown Salt Box
- OXO Good Grips Cutting Board
- 3.5 Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- 1.5 Quart Stainless Steel “Pot in Pot” Bowl
- VitaMix Creations
- OXO Stainless Steel Tongs
- Silicone BBQ Brush
- 2 quart Slow Cooker
- Stainless Steel 3 Quart Saucepan
- Digital Meat Thermometer
- Extra Large Charcoal Grill
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram! It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
Jump to Section
Bun Thịt Nướng (Vietnamese BBQ Pork Cold Noodle Salad)
Bun Thịt Nướng Vietnamese BBQ Pork on Cold Noodle SaladPrint Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 2 cups Napa Cabbage shredded
- 2 cups Fresh Bean Sprouts
- 1-1/2 cups Cucumber julienned
- 1-1/2 cups Đồ Chua pickled Daikon & Carrots, julienned
- 10 oz. thin rice noodles
Thịt Nướng (BBQ Pork) (double batch)
- 2 pounds Pork Shoulder sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon Shallots minced
- 1 stalk 3 TBL Lemongrass, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Bun Thịt Nướng Vietnamese BBQ Pork Cold Noodle Salad
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Three Crabs Brand Fish Sauce1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Cook rice vermicelli according to package directions. Don't undercook.
- Rinse noodles in a colander under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Drain for 30 minutes, and then set them aside for up to 2 hours, unrefrigerated.
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Add the julienne carrots and blanch for about 30 seconds and then remove to a bowl of cold water. Drain and set aside.
- Divide the lettuce, bean sprouts, cucumber, carrots, mint, and basil among four large soup or pasta bowls.
- Fluff the noodles with your fingers and divide them among the prepared salad bowls.
- Place the Thịt Nướng on top of the noodles and garnish each bowl with Đồ Chua, peanuts and cilantro.
- Drizzle with Nuoc Cham.